A personal assistant is someone who is employed to support adults who are disabled or chronically ill to live their lives more independently. They may offer personal, domestic, social or administrative support.
Home care arranged by Merton Council
Home carers can assist with a range of tasks to help people remain independent in their own homes. They can also support carers to maintain their valuable role when providing regular assistance to friends, family or neighbours.
Home care services can provide support to anyone who has been assessed as in need of support within their own home. This may be provided using Merton Council's in-house service or the services of a private agency.
Depending upon the assessment of your needs, tasks undertaken may include:
- ordering shopping,
- pension collecting,
- childcare support,
- personal care of your hair and teeth,
- food preparation,
- assistance with dressing and undressing, washing or bathing,
- any other tasks which would normally be expected of a carer.
The cost of this service depends on an assessment of your financial position.
- Direct payments (arranging your own care and services)
- Domiciliary Care Provider Forum
- Financial assessment
- Mascot Telecare alarm service
- Meals on wheels
- Keeping warm in winter
- Paying for care if you live at home
Adult First Response
Older People and Physical Disability
Merton Civic Centre
Telephone: 0208 545 4388
Minicom: 020 8545 4431
Mobile: SMS 07961 243740 (reserved for people who are profoundly deaf and using SMS only)
Fax: 020 8274 5961