On this page
Use our collection service
north carolina scratch off tickets www.cheesedoff.net In line with other London borough councils, we charge to collect bulky waste from homes.
- You can arrange for your items to be collected on any weekday excluding public holidays.
- We cannot specify the time of collection, only the day.
- You must be up-to-date with council tax payments to use this service.
- Please book all your items for pick up at the same time - you can't add extra items to your collection after making a booking.
- We do not give refunds for cancelled collections or for removing items from a collection.
- All items will be collected at the same time.
What we can collect
We can collect:
- large electrical appliances (such as an oven, fridge, freezer, dishwasher)
- televisions and computer monitors
- bag of small electrical items (such as a kettle, toaster, electric toothbrush)
- furniture (such as a bed, sofa, armchair, wardrobe)
- roll of carpet?(cut into smaller manageable lengths)
- underlay?(cut into smaller manageable lengths)
- bagged household waste.
Please tie up or bag any loose materials, making sure they are not too heavy for one person to lift safely.
What we can't collect
We can't collect hazardous waste,?DIY, construction or demolition waste including:
- soil or turf
- rubble, hardcore or bricks
- paving slabs
- roofing materials
- bath, toilet or basin units
- central heating system components
- doors, windows and frames
- kitchen units and wardrobes
- shed or fence panels
- laminate flooring
- timber, MDF or hardboard
- Up to 3 items: ￡35.30
- 4 to 6 items: ￡57.85
You must pay in full at the time of booking.
How to put your items out for collection
- Cover sofas, mattresses and other soft furnishings with plastic to stop them getting wet.
- Leave your items outside but within the boundary of your property, not on the public pavement or road.
- Put your items outside by 6am on your collection day.
- Make sure that our collection crew will be able to see and access the items without difficulty.
- Residents living in gated properties or those with bin stores, please place your items outside the bin store or gate so our crews can easily access the items. Items will not be collected if they are inaccessible.
If you would like to make any changes to your booking, call us on 020 8274 4902 at least 2 working days before your collection day.
More ways to reuse or recycle your items
Ask your retailer
If you buy a new item that is delivered to your house, some retailers will take away your old item.
Take it to Garth Road reuse and recycling centre
You can take some bulky items to the Recycling Centre at Garth Road but you must book in advance.
Other ways to reuse, repair and recycle in Merton
Local charities where you can donate items include:
- British Heart Foundation, Mitcham - furniture and electricals
- Dons Local Action Group - furniture and white goods
- Emmaus Carshalton or Wallington - furniture, electricals and clothing
- TRAID - electricals, clothing and textiles
- More: Find a local charity shop
To sell or give away your item you can try: