north carolina scratch off tickets www.cheesedoff.net We have legal powers to take action against noise if it is a 'statutory nuisance'.
When deciding whether a noise nuisance exists, we consider a number of factors, including the type of noise, time of day, frequency, volume and duration, as well as the impact on those suffering noise nuisance.
We take a step-by-step approach which includes contacting alleged offenders and maybe asking you to keep a diary of noisy events to establish the frequency. We might visit your property or use noise monitoring equipment to decide if a formal investigation is needed.
Noise we can do something about
- Barking dogs
- Commercial premises noise (such as extraction units and air conditioning systems)
- DIY activities during unsociable hours
- Loud amplified music
- Pubs and clubs
- Construction and demolition sites
Noise we can't do anything about
- Roads, railways and aircraft
- Children playing
- Everyday domestic noise that can be heard because of poor sound insulation like talking, walking about, babies crying or doors slamming
- Normal urban noise
Report a noise nuisance
Please use this online form and we will investigate during working hours.
Out of hours noise service
We provide a responsive service for late night noise nuisance at the following times:
- May to August:?between 11pm and 4am on Friday and Saturday nights only
- September to April: between 11pm and 4am on Saturday nights only
To contact the?out of hours service during the times listed above, please call?020 8543 9750. At other times, please report noise using the link above.
Guidance on resolving neighbour disputes
Taking your own legal action
If we are unable to take action you can consider taking your own legal action. We have produced a guide to help you: