On this page
Applications we will prioritise
We are happy to help anyone, but priority is given to any young Merton resident who:
- has been in care
- is or was known to the youth offending service
- left school without gaining a level 2 qualification in English and maths (less than a grade C at GCSE)
- is a teenage parent
- is homeless or lives in a hostel
You?do not?need to tell us if you fit into any of the above groups if you do not want to, but we will be unable to prioritise you for opportunities if we do not have this information. You?should not?include this information in you CV or any application but can include it in your email sent firstname.lastname@example.org?.
How to apply
If you're interested in any of the opportunities below, please complete one of these referral forms:
If you have any questions about any one of the opportunities please email the team at email@example.com. See the section at the foot of this page on availability for details of priority and eligibility criteria.
Follow us on Instagram to keep up to date with our opportunities @towardsemployment1
Our top picks
We work with various employers to get you unique opportunities. Here are some of the jobs available with our locally based employer partners. Please note that these employers are separate to Merton Council. Therefore, the salary offered will be in line with minimum wage but may be less than London Living Wage. If you are interested in any of the opportunities, need support with applying or interview preparation, just let us know.
Wimbledon Championships 2024 recruitment – Insight day November 2023
?We are supporting the recruitment for the Championships again next year. Join us for an exclusive open day on Tuesday 21st?November, where interested candidates can:
- receive lunch
- get an exclusive tour of the grounds
- listen to a presentation explaining what it’s like to work at Wimbledon and the different roles
- Q&A session from Wimbledon staff and previous championship employees
- get support with a job application
Interested candidates must be 18+ by July 2024
- ￡11.95 p/h
- General Station and mobile bus stand cleaning - Litter Picking, Cleaning of Washroom, platforms, offices, ticket lobbies, Waste Removal etc.
- Will be required to take a short training course and then can start work immediately once completed
- Varied shift pattern - ?working 5 days over a 7 day rota system
Experienced sample machinist needed for a local sustainable fashion start up that focuses on upcycling clothing. Play a crucial role in creating their Upcycled sweatshirts collection.
- 1 day a week – Thursday (7-8 hrs)
- Mitcham based (Canon’s house)
- ￡12-￡15 p/h
- 3-5 years’ experience required
10-Week Financial Services Career Accelerator Program
A CISI accredited learning programme which includes professional Skills development and training for the CISI Level 2 Fundamentals in Financial Services qualification including entry to the exam.
To be eligible for this programme, learners must:
- Have the rights to work in the UK
- Have resided in the UK/Europe for a minimum of three years.
- Have GCSE English and Math’s at grades 4 and above (or equivalent)
- Be looking to secure an apprenticeship within financial services.
- Be committed to attend all 4 in-person sessions.
Deadline Wednesday 4 October
Team members?required for a Fitness Food store
- Based in brand new Wimbledon location
- ￡24,900 p/a + bonuses
- Must be 18+
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- A keen interest in healthy food & fitness is required and any previous work in retail, catering or customer service would be desirable
- Full time, permanent position – 40 hours a week across 5 days (varied shift pattern) – must be able to work both early and late shifts
- Great benefits with the job including - group membership and access to all Third Space clubs, discounts on all Natural Fitness Food products, retail and even spa treatments
At Home Support Worker
Become an ‘At Home Support Worker’ and provide domestic support to help older people stay connected, safe and independent for one of the UK’s leading Charities.
- Paying London living wage? - ￡11.95 p/h (inclusive of holiday pay)
- Ability to travel to different locations across Merton
- Part time/casual hours – commitment of 10 hours per week, Monday - Friday
- Great attention to detail and awareness of different disabilities is desirable e.g. dementia
- Will be DBS checked
- You will undergo induction and receive training throughout the role
- Ability to communicate well and build good rapport/meaningful relationships
- General knowledge and understanding/previous experience of basic housework and cleaning
Environmental Enforcement Officers
Work alongside the Local Authority with a leading enforcement service?covering the Morden area (SM4)
Hours: 8 hour shifts, 4 days on followed by 4 days off,?07.00 - 15.00?/?08.00 - 16.00.?(This role includes working some weekends)
Salary: ￡12.00 per hour
About the role:
You will spend your days outside carrying out foot patrols in hot spot areas for a wide range of environmental and anti-social behaviour. You will be speaking with members of the public, and when appropriate issuing fixed penalty notices and reporting matters that could lead to prosecution.
This is a challenging but rewarding role and if you are passionate about the environment and supporting the local community, this role will enable you to make a real difference.
- Able to communicate with members of the public which at times could be in demanding circumstances – resilience is key to this role
- Ability to act with integrity and honesty whilst treating people with respect in what could be a difficult situation.
- Be happy working outdoors, on foot in all seasons carrying out foot patrols for prolonged periods of time
- Professional in approach, with a balanced sense of judgement and be able to act with conscience and integrity
- Have the ability to use your own initiative when carrying out your role, as well as being able to work within a team environment
SEN Teaching and Learning Assistants needed across Merton schools
These roles are based in mainstream and specialist schools across Merton?and you will be supporting children in all aspects of Learning, Development and Care. It is desirable if candidates have previous experience working with young people with SEN needs but this is not necessary. However, candidates must be open to working with children with SEN needs.
- Full time basis, term time only (8.30am - 4pm, Monday to Friday)
- Schools are based in Mitcham/Morden/Wimbledon
- Previous Personal/work experience required with supporting children,
- All candidates to complete application form (Online - 20 minutes to complete), able to provide 2 years worth of references and will undergo an enhanced DBS.
- Pay from ￡70-￡95 per day depending on the school.
Catering staff needed for Merton Primary schools
Work for a national catering company based in schools throughout Merton. They have several positions Cook Managers/ Head chef positions within local primary schools. All candidates will be subject to DBS and would need to be available to start in the coming weeks.
Hours: 30 hours per week from 8am – 2pm
Pay: ￡10.33 per hour.
All candidates must be able to present:
- Bank account
- Proof of right to work
- Proof of NI number
- 2x proof address dated within last 3 months.
Please firstname.lastname@example.org?for the job description and application forms.
They test candidates' behavioural decision-making and thought processes when introduced to hypothetical work-related scenarios. This can help you prepare for applying for roles and going to interviews.
Use these independent benefits calculators to find out:
- what benefits you could get
- how to claim
- how your benefits will be affected if you start work
Contact the Towards Employment team
To contact us about any of these opportunities, please complete a referral form, send us an email or leave a WhatsApp, text or voicemail message. Don’t worry if we don’t pick up the phone straight away, we will get back to you.
Telephone: 07775012775 / 07799132579 / 07814799323